The San Juan Southern Paiute Tribe, located in Tuba City, Arizona, is seeking to hire Special Legal Counsel to represent the Tribe's Election Board. The Special Legal Counsel will aid and inform the Election Board in performing its responsibilities to initiate, and conduct Tribal elections pursuant to the Tribe's Constitution, Law and Order Code and Election Ordinance. The Election Board Attorney is responsible for ensuring the Election Board takes any and all actions necessary to abide by the Constitution of the San Juan Southern Paiute Tribe, the
Tribe's law and Order Code and Election Ordinance. Additionally, the Election Board Attorney is responsible for defending the Election Board against legal challenges brought against the Election Board.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as Special Legal Counsel for the Tribal Election Board and report directly to the Election Board,
and attending Election Board Meetings as needed.
• Provide regular updates regarding Election Board actions, responsibilities and decisions to the Tribal
• Appear as Counsel of Record on behalf of the Election Board to assert and defend the Election Board.
• Advise the Election Board on all legal matters associated with the Tribal elections process, including dates and deadlines by which the Election Board must take certain actions, and the method by which those actions must be taken.
• Advise the Election Board on matters associated with complying with the San Juan Southern Paiute
Constitution, Law and Order Code and Election Ordinance.
• Assist the Election